Poisoning occurs when a toxic substance enters the body. Poison is any substance that, when ingested, causes poisoning, disease, and death. This substance can be taken by a person intentionally or accidentally. With Erste-Hilfe Kurs München you will find out what are the main signs of food poisoning and how to provide First Aid for diarrhea and vomiting in such cases.
How do toxic substances enter the body?
Erste Hilfe Kurs in München explains that any person can get poisoned by:
- gastrointestinal tract: during meals or in contact with toxic substances with the oral mucosa: drugs, cauterizers, detergents, pesticides, fungi, plants, and other chemicals;
- respiratory tract: inhalation of toxic gases: carbon monoxide, nitrous oxide, chlorine vapor, ammonia, glue, dyes, organic solvents, etc .;
- skin and mucous membranes: contact with the skin and eyes of toxic substances in the form of liquid, aerosol: solvents, pesticides, etc.;
- injections: insect, animal, or snake bites, injecting drugs.
Symptomatic treatment for acute food poisoning
After consuming food contaminated with microorganisms that can cause gastrointestinal disease, the development of symptoms of food poisoning occurs in an hour or several days. Usually, the first signs of food poisoning appear 2 hours after eating stale food. Erste Hilfe Kurs near me teaches that the most common symptoms of poisoning are vomiting and diarrhea.
Treatment for food poisoning is mostly symptomatic, erste hilfe kurs tries to alleviate all the symptoms that occur with this disease, namely:
- nausea, the intoxication of the body;
- digestive disorders;
- abdominal pain, spastic pain;
In the case of a longer course, it is necessary to consult a doctor, as prolonged loss of fluid and electrolytes, which occurs during vomiting or diarrhea, threatens serious disorders due to dehydration of the body and can lead to irreversible consequences. With Erste Hilfe Kurs kostenlos you will gain all the necessary skills.