PVC Floorings are taking the market by storm with so many types and varieties available now. Old floors have been in the process of up-gradation; the new ones are also making blooming business. The wood floor is not more the same classy hardwood floor, and ceramic tiles are not the same old designs. Floors have been in the process of innovation since the beginning. Not only the old types have been upgraded, new standards are also getting popular day by day. There are many reasons for their popularity as they are cost-effective, durable, and available in many designs and patterns. Floors are not dull anymore, they are fun and bright, and you can make it one of your creative pieces. Or you can get serious and call in for Quick Step Laminate Flooring experts for your upgrade project.
PVC or Vinyl flooring is also a new type of floorings that have been introduced a few decades back. They are getting famous for their unending benefits. This guide here will give a brief introduction of PVC flooring, its types, interests, and much more.
What is Vinyl or PVC Flooring?
PVC flooring is also known as Vinyl flooring, PVC stands for poly vinyl chloride. It is made from plasticized formulated material made for home and office users. Vinyl or PVC flooring is getting famous and popular these days. While previously, people would find it annoying because of its dull colors, but thanks to development and technology, it is not dull and uninteresting. The colors and designs make it a perfect choice for floors. In the children play area, PVC works as a happiness miracle for them.
Types of PVC Flooring:
PVC flooring is available in two types we call them:
Homogeneous PVC Flooring
Homogenous floor covering comprises a single layer that offers vibrancy and depth of the color and makes it look elegant and decent. The perks and cons of Homogeneous PVC flooring are:
- Homogenous is an excellent choice for dense traffic areas. Its elegant uniform look is the right choice for places like hospitals, schools, supermarkets, and warehouses.
- It doesn’t let dirt stick into its surface; that’s why the cleaning floor is effortless.
- Homogenous floors are high static current resistant that makes them the right choice for building with machines, like computer centers and friction machine labs.
- The smooth finish makes it beautiful, but the cost-effectiveness also plays a significant role in making it the first choice for big centers.
Heterogeneous PVC Flooring
Heterogeneous PVC flooring is made up of multi-layer flooring. Few pros of Heterogeneous Flooring are:
- It offers a vast range of colors and patterns that let you freely choose to make your floor like a piece of art & creativity by you.
- It is also very low in cost, and the plus point is not even buying, but its maintenance is also very cheap.
- Vinyl or PVC floors do not let water or dust stay on its surface, so they are also slip-resistant.
- The foamy layer of Heterogeneous is a great sound and thermal insulator.
- PVC floors are an excellent choice for cold places as it keeps the floor temperature warm.
- Heterogeneous Floors are a trendy choice in the homes and schools for their bright colors and availability in different patterns and designs.
One thing other than designs that make PCV floors favorite of all is it’s easy installation. No-fuss involved as it proves to be a simple DIY project. You may not need a lot of time, and it will spread on the floor like a sheet and stick to the floor with a firm grip.
Cons of PVC floorings:
PVC flooring’s only drawback is that it is not the right choice as an outdoor flooring option. It is not resistant to sunlight, and color might fade soon. That will also damage its surfaces, and wear and tear can be expected earlier.
Let’s put it together:
Floors leave a high impact on its viewers. No matter how beautiful a house is, decorated floors make the first impression. So be carefully selecting the flooring type; it can ruin or make your impression. PVC floorings are a great choice, and if chosen wisely, they would become the sign of your styling taste.