Noise is one of the reasons you can get disturbed. Whether during the day or at night, a noisy street can get you irritated. A busy street or a noisy neighborhood can disrupt your peaceful routine. But what if there is a solution for it? Buy soundproof curtains!! Well, these curtains are made of thicker material than the regular ones. They have heavy panels that can absorb sound. Take a start by looking for the size and type of the curtains. Then buy them and properly install them, so that sound can be blocked out. There are some factors to be considered,
- Soundproof curtains help improve a little in sound blocking. A huge effect is seen when the walls are double glazed and are standard constructed. This helps create good insulation in the place. Also helps enhance the curtain’s function.
- Start with identifying the size of the curtains you need. Measure the windows you want to hang. Use a measuring tape to get measurements of the height, length, and width of the area.
- Add some extra inches to the measurements on the side of the windows. This aids curtains to cover the window properly.
- Make sure to write down your measurements. So that you can refer to them when you go shopping. Usually, soundproofing curtains are available in standard sizes. But if you have different designed windows, you can get them customized.
- Materials mostly used for these curtains are vinyl or fiberglass. These fabrics help them in blocking out the sound. Select your choice of material that suits you best.
- Choose the color and cut of the curtains that compliment your interior.
- These curtains often cost much. But you can opt for blackout ones to save money. As blackouts are an alternative to soundproofing curtains. Blackout curtains block out light as well as provide noise insulation. They are made of thick material. Also are comparatively lighter than the soundproofing curtains.
- After identifying the choices now, it is time to purchase. Start with searching some sound equipment websites. Look through the option that comes under your estimated budget. Also, make sure the material you select is of soundproof features. You can also order custom-made curtains on the website that offers them. This way you get to have your selected material, size, and color. That will suit your space best according to your needs.
- Determine that these types of curtains can work in your space. Make sure the curtains you buy have a sound transmission class. This determines the reduction of an item through lab tests.
- Also check for the sound absorption quality. Having an idea of how much sound it will block out when installed in your space. Both absorption and soundproofing combine to make curtains effectively soundproof.
To have the last check before buying the curtain use a light torch. Light it up and make it shine on the curtain. If the light passes through, they aren’t much soundproof. The real ones absorb all direct light and sound. Get a warranty for the curtains, especially if they are expensive.