Parquet flooring is a type of wood flooring that is made from pieces of wood. It is often installed in a checkerboard pattern, which creates a distinctive, attractive appearance. Parquet has been around for centuries and it has always been popular because it is durable and beautiful. It can be made out of many different types of wood, including oak, cherry, maple, and walnut.
The word “parquet” comes from the French word meaning “to fit together”. This refers to the fact that the wood pieces are typically cut so that they fit together perfectly without gaps or spaces between them. Parquet flooring is a type of flooring that has been around for centuries and it is still popular today. It’s typically made of wood, but can also be made of other materials like vinyl or linoleum.
The word “parquet” means “a piece of wood inlaid in a pattern” and it originated from the French word parquetry which means “to pave.” The word parquet was first used to describe this type of flooring in the 18th century. This type of flooring is very durable, easy to install, and relatively inexpensive. It’s also available in many different styles including traditional and modern designs.
Advantages of installing parquet flooring
- Durable: parquet flooring is extremely durable and can withstand heavy foot traffic, making it an ideal choice for busy areas of the home.
- Easy to maintain: parquet flooring can be easily maintained with regular sweeping and occasional mopping.
- Variety of styles and finishes: parquet flooring comes in a variety of styles and finishes, allowing you to customize the look and feel of your home.
- Versatile: parquet flooring can be installed in almost any room, including bathrooms and kitchens.
- Cost-effective: parquet flooring is generally more affordable than other hardwood flooring options.
- Eco-friendly: parquet flooring is made from sustainable sources and is recyclable, making it the perfect choice for eco-conscious homeowners
- Aesthetic appeal: parquet flooring has a natural beauty that adds value and style to any space.
- Cost: parquet is typically less expensive than other types of flooring, making it a great option for budget-conscious homeowners.
Types of parquet flooring
- Parquet flooring is a type of flooring that is made up of small blocks, or slats, that are arranged in a pattern.
- There are many types of parquet flooring available on the market. The most popular types are made from wood and come in two varieties: hardwood and softwood. Hardwood parquet floors are more durable than softwood but they cost more as well. Softwood parquet floors are cheaper but not as durable as hardwood.
- Parquet is a type of flooring that is made up of small pieces of wood, usually oak or maple, that are glued together and then cut into strips. The individual pieces are arranged in a herringbone or chequerboard pattern to create the design. Some of them are made from solid wood and some are from engineered wood. Solid wood floors come with natural beauty and elegance, but they are expensive compared to engineered wood floors. Engineered wood floors come with a long life and lower prices than solid wood floors, but they lack the natural beauty of solid wood.
- Mosaic parquet: mosaic parquet is a type of parquet flooring that consists of small pieces of solid hardwood arranged into patterns. It is perfect for a home or office that wants to add an interesting and unique look to the space.
- pre-finished parquet: pre-finished parquet is a type of parquet that comes with a protective finish already applied. This makes it easier to install and maintain as you don’t need to apply a finish after installation.
- Laminate parquet flooring: this is the most affordable type of parquet flooring and is made up of a photographic image of wood on top of a fiberboard backing. It is easy to install and is the least durable type of parquet flooring.